The Volunteer Outreach Coordinator (VOC) will develop and implement practices for effective volunteer engagement at their
host sites, drawing on SCI’s emphasis on relationship development and nurturing local social networks.
● Design a volunteer outreach plan aiming to increase the capacity of volunteers for the host-site agency
● Create a system for screening and matching volunteers to appropriate roles that meet educational needs.
● Coordinate projects that engage families in school and community life such as resource fairs, family arts, and cultural events, academic enrichment projects and family service days.
● Utilize technology and in-person outreach to recruit residents to volunteer and participate in other civic activities.
● Manage contact information of volunteers, website and eblast subscribers and other contacts.
● Create marketing materials to promote the community website, volunteer opportunities and community events.
● Collaborate with other SCI staff, volunteers and partners on other projects to promote civic engagement, with an
emphasis on integrating youth into activities of SCI and community partners.
● VOCs will have a strong online presence. At certain host sites, VOCs will serve as the primary webmaster for one
of the SCI community websites. These members will also be the primary editors for the local civic eBlast. Some
of the responsibilities of these roles will be to update content on SCI community portal websites, weekly civic
eBlasts, community partner sites, and other websites in order to recruit residents to participate in volunteerism
and other civic activities.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Members receive a modest living allowance during their service
Post-service educational award
Health insurance coverage available
Excellent experience for future professional and educational opportunities.
Additional local benefits may be available.
Pre-service orientation and on-site training provided by SCI; ongoing training opportunities and workshops.
Matching institutions for the ed award:
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Experience with social media, website management, eblasts, writing, communication skills, interacting with the community and different organizations, experience with working with schools. These are not necessary but are a plus!
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99