AmeriCorps member will lead academic, recreational and enrichment activities in small groups for children at participating with the Dubuque Dream Center Summer Program.
1. Collaborate with the Site Supervisor to provide programming and outreach to the Dubuque Dream Center; focused on providing a drug-free, educational, nurturing and safe supervised environment for community youth.
2. Carry out developmental activities that promote skill building in the following areas: academic (science, reading, art, music, math) and non-academic (teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, etc).
3. Support at-risk youth during the Summer Program and events through positive adult interactions, academic engagement, recreational activities, meal mentoring, field trips and encouraging peer engagement.
4. Participate in service projects outside of the assigned placement.
5. Attend AmeriCorps team meetings and mandatory trainings.
6. Engage in other duties that support the grant narrative and are not prohibited activities.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Salary: Living allowance of $2,310 ($461 every 2 weeks before taxes) & Education award of $1,230.69*
College Degree, Credential or Certification
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
1. Desire to work with children; experience working with children a plus.
2. Applicant must be creative, energetic, dependable and a self-starter.
3. Applicant must have reliable transportation.
4. Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
5. Applicant must pass three-part Criminal History Background Check because of reoccurring access to vulnerable populations.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 99