AmeriCorps member will lead academic enrichment activities and organized recreation programs in small groups for children at neighborhood parks.
1. Collaborate with the Playground Coordinator to provide programming and outreach to the Leisure Services Playgrounds; focused on providing a drug-free, educational, nurturing and safe supervised environments for community youth.
2. Develop program curricula that are focused around STREAM, community engagement, education and positive social skill development.
3. Lead program activities during Playground Programs, community special events, and at outreach to other organizations.
4. Carry out developmental activities that promote skill building in the following areas: STREAM (science, technology, reading, engineering, arts & music, and math), teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, etc.
5. Participate in service projects outside of the assigned placement.
6. Attend AmeriCorps team meetings and mandatory trainings.
7. Engage in other duties that support the grant narrative and are not prohibited activities.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Salary: Living allowance of $2,310 ($461 every 2 weeks) & Education award of $1,230.69*
College Degree, Credential or Certification
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
1. Desire to work with children; experience working with children a plus.
2. Applicant must be creative, energetic, dependable and a self-starter.
3. Applicant must have reliable transportation.
4. Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
5. Applicant must pass three-part Criminal History Background Check because of reoccurring access to vulnerable populations.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 99