Work with care providers to provide health services including Facilitation and Coordination, Case Management, Education and Outreach to vulnerable community members.
• Collaborates with faith-based communities, education institutions, community organizations and groups to promote the health and wellness of the whole person – body, mind, and spirit.
• Provides health education and health related services, such as classes, health screenings, health advocacy, health access support groups, case management and outreach to identified underserved populations. The Nurse Navigator will tailor services to the unique health and wellness needs of the individual/family served.
• Provides information and resources, advocates for clients in need of health related services, as well as supports and/or coordinates health fairs, influenza clinics, and skin cancer screening events. In addition, the Nurse Navigator plays a key role in identifying, recruiting, training, mentoring, and coordinating the activities of interns and volunteers from health education and related services within churches and communities.
Preferred position qualifications
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• 3-5 years healthcare experience with at least 1 year of clinical experience in community health
• Current California RN License, healthcare provider level BLS
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Live in community with other women, ages 21-35, seeking to grow and serve, just like you! We provide room and board a monthly stipend, transportation to service site, health insurance if needed, and mentoring and training for personal and professional development. Besides work experience our volunteers have the opportunity to develop and grow in spirituality in the spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange.
Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
AmeriCorps Education Award opportunity may be available to eligible volunteers through an affiliated national organization.
The St. Joseph Worker Program is deeply committed to the volunteers providing mentoring and training for personal and professional development centered around four core values: leadership as a woman, social justice, spirituality and community/simple living. The program begins with a one to two week orientation to the program and placement site. Mentoring, educational and certification opportunities, monthly program day enrichment, and retreats help volunteers discover their strengths and passions and develop the skills and confidence to make their mark on the world.
Credential or Certification
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Self motivated and takes creative initiative in responsibilities serving in a variety of community situations requiring self-direction independent decision making
• Possesses leadership skills that initiates and cultivates relationships with clients, collaborators, volunteers, and other community resource leaders
• Understands and promotes wellness and healthy lifestyle, integrating concepts of body, mind and spirit in its relationship to maintenance of health and prevention of diseases.
• Highly functional computer skills as related to perform data collection, report completion, and as needed and trained by hospital/health ministry staff.
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 35