Senior Services through Providence St. Jude Medical Center provides support services to low-income frail elderly in North Orange County, to enable them to live independently to their full potential and reduce hospitalization and premature institutionalization. Senior Services provide transportation, dedicated post-treatment counselors, in-home safety, depression avoidance and treatment resources, grief counseling. St. Jude Medical Center invests time and resources into local communities to increase access to health care for vulnerable populations and provide local residents with the support they need to make their neighborhoods healthier and safer.
• Conducts client intake/registration over the telephone and/or in person, providing the client necessary information and referral. Accurately reports summary of client needs, information gathered, and an action summary in required documentation.
• Conducts psychosocial assessments and re-assessment of client/patient needs and completes required documentation.
• Provides ongoing client consultation, education, referral, care planning and support to patient/client.
• Development and/or facilitation of psycho educational programs, workshops, conferences, in-services and support groups for the target population and professional community as assigned. Provide support and assist in coordination and tracking of education programs.
• Provides technical assistance, consultation and collaboration with outside agencies serving similar populations. Maintains positive working relationships with the provider community.
• Provide support and mentoring to new student interns and volunteers.
• Assume leadership role for clinical consultation and development of policies and procedures, quality assurance/quality improvement activities, case reviews, and other clinical support duties as requested.
Live in community with other women, ages 21-35, seeking to grow and serve, just like you! We provide room and board a monthly stipend, transportation to service site, health insurance if needed, and mentoring and training for personal and professional development. Besides work experience our volunteers have the opportunity to develop and grow in spirituality in the spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange.
Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
AmeriCorps Education Award opportunity may be available to eligible volunteers through an affiliated national organization.
The St. Joseph Worker Program is deeply committed to the volunteers providing mentoring and training for personal and professional development centered around four core values: leadership as a woman, social justice, spirituality and community/simple living. The program begins with a one to two week orientation to the program and placement site. Mentoring, educational and certification opportunities, monthly program day enrichment, and retreats help volunteers discover their strengths and passions and develop the skills and confidence to make their mark on the world.
Credential or Certification
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 35