- Implement the SCI Youth Leadership Curriculum through a Youth Council program and/or another youth leadership development program. Some members may be initiating new youth leadership programs while others will enhance existing programs.
- Members will also seek to increase capacity for adult volunteers to support the success of young people served by the agency.
- Recruit and coordinate youth (other than core youth council) and adult volunteers.
- Increase participant civic leadership skills and commitment to future civic engagement.
- Provide additional direct service to youth at partner agencies that support youth development goals and have been approved by SCI, such as various programs, mentoring, or tutoring.
- Coordinate projects that engage families in school and community life such as resource fairs, family arts and cultural events, academic enrichment projects and family service days.
- Track progress of the teen leaders through the maintenance of individual civic leadership skills checklists and other assessment tools that document the practical skills they develop in areas such as meeting facilitation and event coordination.
- Collaborate with other SCI staff, volunteers and partners on other projects to promote civic engagement, with an emphasis on integrating youth into activities of SCI and community partners.
- Collaborate with other SCI Youth Programs Coordinators on joint efforts including occasional activities that bring together youth from various SCI locations.
Youth Leadership Coordinator Objectives:
- 1 corps member trains a core of 20+ youth
- Youth Leadership Training, Community Service Learning
- Youth Run Mini-Grant Cycle (funded by SCI)
- Each core youth group engages 100 youth in community service learning (CSL) and 200 youth in other civic activities
- 85% of core participants will express commitment to future civic participation
- 80% of core participants will demonstrate leadership skills
Girls Incorporated of Lynn is a partner of Social Capital Inc and the SCI AmeriCorps program. At Girls Incorporated of Lynn, we are
looking for 1 member to serve as a Youth Leadership Coordinator.
About Host Site:
The mission of Girls Incorporated of Lynn is to inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold by meeting the needs of girls in the
community, developing girls’ capacity to overcome the effects of discrimination and be self-sufficient, responsible members
of the community, and to serve as a vigorous advocate for all girls.
Girls Inc. of Lynn’s Teen Programs actively serve 150 girls year-round and reaches an additional 800 youth through their
peer leadership programs. The Youth Leadership Coordinator will coordinate with Girls Inc. of Lynn’s Teen Programs, Part of
the Solution Youth Council, and other community organizations throughout the city of Lynn to increase service-learning
opportunities for youth and connect youth to those opportunities.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Members receive a modest living allowance during their service
Post-service educational award
Health insurance coverage available
Excellent experience for future professional and educational opportunities.
Additional local benefits may be available.
Pre-service orientation and on-site training provided by SCI; ongoing training opportunities and workshops.
Matching institutions for the ed award:
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Experience working with youth and leading youth in service projects, etc.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 110