• Participate in positive climate and culture of the school by building community and resolving conflict through restorative practices.
• Coordinate the community-service efforts for the entire student body through classroom-based service-learning courses
• Facilitate a service-learning course focused on social justice issues that affect residents of Philadelphia, and expose students to community organizations working on these issues
• Coordinate afterschool and Saturday service opportunities for students by partnering with outside organizations and designing original projects
• Plan school-wide MLK Day of Service project
• Support and serve with student members on their vocation-service sites. Service tracks include Healthcare, Childcare, and varying levels of construction
• Support the school’s Saturday-School academic-enhancement program
• Plan and facilitate extra-curricular and student-engagement activities
• Serve as mentor to students
• Tutor students through in-classroom support and after school on a rotating basis
• Run student leadership groups focusing on student government and peer mediation
• Plan student events, such as picnics, dances, and prom
• Support students in post-secondary planning and placements
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance
A living allowance of $18,000 for the one-year term. The living allowance is taxable, and taxes will be deducted directly from the living allowance and will be distributed biweekly, first by check than by direct deposit.
Subject to criminal background check