United Way of the Piedmont has 17 part-time AmeriCorps positions available in Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties! Great for anyone who wants to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, serve the community, and receive an education award to pay off student loans or future education.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance
- Modest living allowance up to $6,300
- Eli Segal Education Award to be used toward student loans or further education. This award can be received up to 4 times in our program.
- Monthly shopping at United Way of the Piedmont's Gifts in Kind Center for household items, such as paper products and cleaning supplies
- Professional development training and workshops
- AmeriCorps members are often eligible to apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (food stamps) and other assistance programs
Subject to criminal background check