The AmeriCorps Homeowner & Volunteer Coordinator will improve our capacity to serve more homeowners and engage more volunteers through intake management, homeowner communication, and project logistics. IN this position, you will work under the discretion of the Housing Preservation Program Manager and with the Development Manager to build and develop relationships with non-profits and other organizations involved in home rehabilitation and preservation and affordable homeownership. You will be involved in supporting Rebuilding Together NYC’s home preservation initiative, including critical home rehabilitation and accessibility modifications.
When permitting, you will also be responsible for all aspects of rebuilding projects and/or volunteer event days, ensuring they run smoothly by working with the Program Manager, Director of Construction Projects, AmeriCorps Site Coordinator and other project leadership before, during and after the events. Deliverables for this position will include manuals, templates and formal procedures for volunteer and homeowner engagement and project management at Rebuilding Together NYC.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
• Opportunity to address housing issues hands-on in your community.
• Work with and support 49 other AmeriCorps members across the country.
• Living allowance of $16,000 over an 11-month term of service
• Additional High Cost of Living Stipend: $400/month to cover high, local living expenses.
• Health insurance including dental and vision plans.
• Education Award of $6,345 for qualifying education expenses or loans, upon completion of the term of service.
• Federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment.
• Positions are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
• Professional development benefit of $200/member provided by RT National.
• Access to LinkedIn Learning professional development training/courses.
• Mental Health benefit provided by RT National (covers 6 visits with a mental health professional OR 6 months of an online/tele-service subscription).
High School Graduate
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check