The AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator strives to generate enthusiasm and interest around our home repair programs and activate the local community to get involved. They identify and implement outreach strategies and techniques to engage volunteers (both skilled and unskilled) and build community partnerships. They accompany our home assessment team on home visits to evaluate potential projects, as well as follow up and collect data on completed projects. The AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator serves as a contact for all clients and volunteers, and ensures a good flow of communication before, during, and after volunteer projects.
• Develop and maintain community partnerships to support a strong pipeline of volunteers to participate in rebuilding events, including: conduct research to identify potential partners, coordinate and participate in outreach meetings, and serve as a point of contact with partners for volunteering matters.
• Collaborate with staff to place volunteers with appropriate rebuilding projects, schedule projects and develop project timelines, get tools and materials on site, and other logistical concerns.
• Maintain the system for tracking current and interested rebuilding volunteers: communications and intake; skill, interest, and availability; past project attendance and upcoming project registrations.
• Manage our Ramp & Lift Program by visiting sites where we’ve installed a wheelchair ramp/lift, inspecting the equipment, confirming appropriate use by homeowner, and completing paperwork with client.
• Create continuous and sustainable volunteer engagement through a variety of media (social media, newsletter, and volunteer search engines, as well as brochures, flyers, and other printed materials). Contribute volunteer-focused content to tell the stories of our homeowners and the impact our volunteers and partners have had on their homes and lives.
• Work with other team members to coordinate the client application process, including: assisting potential clients with the application, completing initial interviews with clients, and tracking the client application/approval process in the database.
• Contribute to program evaluation process by making post-project homeowner visits and interviewing/surveying homeowners and volunteers after project completion to capture their experiences with Rebuilding Together. Report findings to the team and suggest solutions for improving our delivery of a high quality of services to homeowners and volunteer experience to volunteers.
• As a grassroots non-profit, all team members will have an active role in implementing larger rebuilding projects throughout the year. They will assist with project logistics several times throughout the year, including registering volunteers, checking in with homeowners throughout the project day, coordinating volunteer logistics such as lunches and bathrooms, assisting with set up/tear down, and taking photos.
• Fill in as needed at outreach events that will increase awareness of our services among our target populations, including: attending community meetings and other events; creating and distributing materials; contributing client- and volunteer-focused content for social media, newsletter, and website; presenting at community organizations and tabling at resource and volunteer fairs.
Community Need Addressed
Rebuilding Together's mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives. The AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator will identify and implement outreach strategies and techniques to engage volunteers (both skilled and unskilled) and build community partnerships.
Our vision is to create safe homes and communities for everyone.
While each affiliate is small, the impact is huge and the program is diverse. As a CapacityCorps member this translates into a well-rounded service term, in which members are given the opportunity to discover their own strengths and weakness and focus on the areas of service that interest them most. Rebuilding Together's leadership provides encouragement and resources to motivate members in improving the health and safety of houses in our community.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Travel to National AmeriCorps Orientation and MLK Week of Service in a new city each year, Mental health benefit, and you will be a part of a community of passionate, talented, and inspiring Rebuilding Together AmeriCorps members across the country
Competencies You Will Develop
Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions
Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers
Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them
Carefully consider which tools or technological solutions are appropriate for a given job, Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines
Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients