The AmeriCorps Outreach Coordinator strives to build trust and awareness among targeted client populations most in need of our services and activate the local community to get involved. They identify and implement outreach strategies and techniques to increase homeowner applications, engage volunteers (both skilled and unskilled), and build community partnerships. The AmeriCorps Outreach Coordinator is the primary point of contact for all clients and volunteers, and ensures a good flow of communication before, during, and after the project.
• Oversee the client application process, including: assisting potential clients with the application, managing homeowner application intake, completing initial interviews with clients, completing home assessments, and tracking the client application/approval process in the database.
• Develop and maintain community partnerships to support a strong pipeline of volunteers to participate in rebuilding events, including: conduct research to identify potential partners, coordinate and participate in outreach meetings, and serve as main point of contact with partners for volunteering matters.
• Interview or survey homeowners and volunteers after project completion to capture their experiences with Rebuilding Together. Report findings to the team and suggest solutions for improving our delivery of a high quality of services to homeowners and volunteer experience to volunteers.
• Pursue a robust client and volunteer outreach strategy that will increase awareness of our services among our target populations, including: attending community meetings and other events; creating and distributing materials; contributing client- and volunteer-focused content for social media, newsletter, and website; presenting at community organizations and tabling at resource and volunteer fairs.
• Speak with interested homeowners before the application to answer their questions about our programs and provide client referrals to appropriate community service organizations and agencies.
• As a grassroots non-profit, all team members will have an active role in implementing larger rebuilding projects throughout the year. They will assist with project logistics several times throughout the year, including registering volunteers, checking in with homeowners throughout the project day, coordinating volunteer logistics such as lunches and bathrooms, assisting with set up/tear down, and taking photos.
Community Need Addressed
Rebuilding Together's mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives. The AmeriCorps Client Coordinator will help accomplish this mission by overseeing all aspects of the client experience of receiving services from Rebuilding Together.
Our vision is to create safe homes and communities for everyone.
While each affiliate is small, the impact is huge and the program is diverse. As a CapacityCorps member this translates into a well-rounded service term, in which members are given the opportunity to discover their own strengths and weakness and focus on the areas of service that interest them most. Rebuilding Together's leadership provides encouragement and resources to motivate members in improving the health and safety of houses in our community.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Travel to National AmeriCorps Orientation and MLK Week of Service in a new city each year, Mental health benefit, and you will be a part of a community of passionate, talented, and inspiring Rebuilding Together AmeriCorps members across the country
Competencies You Will Develop
Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions
Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers
Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them
Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines
Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients