The VISTA will research training opportunities and assist in coordinating brunch and learns for public health nurses in Philadelphia. The VISTA member will create a schedule and resource for reference of training sessions to sustain and improve the systems developed. The VISTA will also have the opportunity to research relevant funding prospects and fundraising efforts for continued development of the NLP and support for clients. The VISTA will assist in identifying and applying for ongoing financial support for the project’s long-term sustainability. This will enable NFP to maintain strong relationships with program partners and other stakeholders to ensure effective communication and integration of services. In addition, the VISTA member will contribute to social justice work. They will be involved in unique public health, nursing, and legal initiatives that have and will continue to address the ongoing Philadelphia City issues of enduring and escalating poverty of young families, low literacy rates of children, sub-standard housing, the loss of public benefits that negatively influence health, the dearth of full-time employment with livable wages, and the increase in violence and homicide in low-income marginalized Philadelphia neighborhoods.
The member tasks and activities will include:
1. Streamline data collection and management for the NLP staff to improve efficiency of tracking and monitoring data regarding consultations and referrals.
2. Improve tracking system processes for NLP clients to ensure transparency in legal efforts.
3. Coordinate and research training and curriculum materials developed by NLP attorneys and NFP/MM staff for brunch and learn events.
4. Create documentation for processes for continued trainings and event coordination.
5. Research funding opportunities and fundraising for sustainability of the NLP.
6. Assist in writing proposals for funding opportunities.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Recommended skills and qualifications include:
1. An interest in public health work with urban, marginalized populations.
2. An interest in improving health outcomes in low-income communities.
3. The ability to work independently and problem solve.
4. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
5. Proficient computer skills.
6. Post-high school education in education, business, public health, social work or other health or human service curriculum.
7. Independent travel between a number of urban locations, all within a 5-mile radius.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 100