The Massachusetts Promise Fellowship (MPF) is an AmeriCorps program dedicated to increasing youth academic enrichment and college and career exploration through Out-of-School-Time (OST) interventions and data-driven programming. We are a passionate team that strives every day to empower young people to succeed as part of a national movement to achieve education equity. We do this because we believe that all young people have a right to Caring Adults, Safe Spaces, A Healthy Start, An Effective Education, and An Opportunity to Serve.
As a Mass Promise Fellow, you will serve at one of our partner youth-serving programs at schools, city agencies, and community-based organizations in Massachusetts. Your mission will be to build intentional relationships with young people between 6th and 12th grade and support their academic engagement or post-secondary success. You will work to decrease the dropout rate, close the opportunity gap, and support the futures of youth. If you believe in the power of relationship building to positively impact the life of a young person, this role is for you.
This opportunity might be a good fit if you…
• Have experience building relationships with youth
• Have provided administrative support in an office setting
• Are an empathetic listener
• Prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects effectively
• Have experience communicating with a variety of partners in a timely manner
• Think on your feet, learn new things quickly, and are a creative problem solver
• Have experience being part of a team and know when to ask for help
• Believe that young people deserve care, encouragement, and support to reach their full potential
• Want to join a caring community of service-minded individuals invested in social justice and education equity
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
AmeriCorps Fellows receive a minimum of 9 free course credits at Northeastern University's College of Professional Studies. These credits can be applied to both undergraduate and graduate level courses.
College Degree, Credential or Certification
High School Graduate
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check