II. Description of Duties:
1. Assist veterans in understanding the resources available and supporting them in accessing those services (technology support, names, and phone numbers of support organizations, contact people for various services available).
2. Coordinate with Mt. Carmel departments and associated servicing partners as it relates to programmatic, communication, and marketing.
3. Support office to provide accessibility to veterans in the area and in ensuring optimal service is provided with care and compassion.
4. Provide a layer of support in vetting information from and to partners, community, and staff regarding presenting necessary, timely, and relevant resourced information.
5. Coordinate Partner Development for Services (Existing Partnerships / New Partnership Opportunities).
6. Assist with Partnership Event Planning (Organization / Coordination / Execution /
7. Lessons Learned).
8. Introduce partners to Development team regarding prospective sponsors and donors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Partner with Mt Carmel staff to train, understand, and best support veterans.
2. Create and maintain list of veterans’ services (local and satellite).
3. Collects and organizes data – general forms, data collection, and assessments for services provided (demographics, waivers, data collection, general forms).
4. Supports technology needs when needed (access to computer, phone, help with log in and general user support needs).
5. Assist veterans in completing and filling out forms when needed.
6. Meet veterans where they are and uphold their dignity and respect.
7. Make calls and send emails as needed.
8. Comfortable with engaging people in person, and by email and; phone.
9. Assists Mt. Carmel staff with food insecurity items (creating and distributing), program promotions, and events, programs when needed.
• Partner Development: Build and develop Partnerships. Establish and implement synchronized processes and procedures that organize and support partners to deliver services to Military, Veterans, and their Families.
1. Define program vision, goals, and outcomes from each partnership.
2. Execute appropriate community outreach on behalf of VSC to ensure relevance of current partner services, while seeking out new partnership opportunities to best serve the needs of our clients in the community.
3. Ensure a clear understanding within VSC of all Partner Programs/Services, including meetings bringing VSC Staff and Partners together to share program information, provide situational updates for VSC and Partners, ultimately increasing a shared understanding and fostering an environment of teamwork.
4. Partner Programs/Services Marketing
1. Identify and execute agreed upon marketing with Partners to best promote their programs/services in collaboration with VSC, to include website and social media platforms and Ad Pro coordination.
5. Partner Relationships
1. Ensure strong working relationships with associated community partners.
2. Identify integration opportunities and streamline processes.
3. Identify gaps in program offerings for guests and develop appropriate partnerships or program enhancements to close the gap.
1. Comply with established fiscal policies and procedures.
2. Maintain fiscal records and status of revenue/expenses.
• Partnership Event Planning
1. Assist with the internal organization, coordination, and execution of Partnership
Events with our partners (internal events / community events / meetings, resource fairs, lunch and learns, etc.).
2. Maintain and obtain Lessons Learned from each event to facilitate efficiency and overall benefit of future events; conduct after action review sessions.
• General Support
1. Support events, activities, and efforts.
2. Ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction in all areas of VSC: partners, guests, board members, funders, and staff.
3. Assist in development of VSC annual strategic plan.
Community Need Addressed
The 2019 census numbers show 1240 veterans Las Animas County, and the county VSO (Veterans Service Officer), Raymond Odum, indicates that of the 1240, 594 veterans have registered with the Las Animas County Veterans Office. The veterans in this area have also expressed need for more services and do not always know services that are available.
To provide best practices for our military, veterans, and their families through accessible programs, integrated resources, and collaborative partnerships that empower lives and strengthen our community. Mt. Carmel is committed to supporting veterans by sharing available veterans resources, increasing partnerships that increase veterans services, and providing technology support needs, thus supporting increased access to resources.
Mt. Carmel Wellness in Trinidad plans to utilize an AmeriCorps member in partnership with the Colorado Springs Mt. Carmel Center to share veterans’ services available in the area, as well as to give them access to technology and technology support for services in Colorado Springs via Telehealth. Mt. Carmel Wellness Center in Trinidad also provides extensive wellness programs encompassing healthy living through nutrition education, physical activity programs, cooking classes, health talks, pain management, diabetes education, grief support groups and more.
This position helps Mt. Carmel broaden their support to veterans in Las Animas County. The AmeriCorps member will focus on understanding and sharing resources, as well as offer technology support to veterans. The member could also share information about Mt. Carmel’s community wellness programs when appropriate and help with food box distribution.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Lead group discussion, Listen to and consider others' viewpoints, Maintain open lines of communication with others, Speak clearly, in precise language and in a logical, organized and coherent manner, Turn taking, Write cleary and effectively
Creativity & Problem Solving
Able to identify and define the problem, Capable of generating possible solutions, Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel, Improvise, Provide relevant expertise, Select and implement well-considered solution
Derive consensus, Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others, Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers, Stay positive and outcome oriented, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Accepts responsibility, Anticipate the consequences of decisions, Identify and prioritize the key issues involved to facilitate the decision making process, Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them, Quickly respond with a back-up plan if a decision goes amiss
Carefully consider which tools or technological solutions are appropriate for a given job, Consistently choose the best tool or technological solution for the problem at hand, Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines, Seek opportunities to improve knowledge of tools and technologies that may assist in streamlining work and improving productivity
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create environment of contribution, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time, Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently, Drive decision making, Effectively delegate tasks, Facilitate group planning, Set goals
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients, Evaluate customer or client satisfaction, Honor the privilege of being able to work with and for those being served, Provide personalized, prompt, and efficient service to meet the requirements, requests and needs of customers, Recognize the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of those being served, Understand and anticipate the needs of others, Understand the importance of one's role in the functioning of the organization, Understand the significance of maintaining a healthful and safe environment