Seeking individuals to serve a 6 month AmeriCorps position starting between October 2021 and May 2022 flexiblity on start dates, serve 6 consecutive months.
The Volunteer Services AmeriCorps member will assist the Volunteer department of Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity by recruiting, scheduling and recognizing volunteers and further developing and enhancing volunteer programs to ensure positive volunteer experience.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
GED/High School Diploma
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to adhere to all guidelines set by Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Iowa AmeriCorps Program
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to work sites
• Able to travel for trainings or assist with disaster response efforts
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs and stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time as required to set up for and assist with meet and greets and special events.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check