Recruit, train, and support volunteers who will ensure the continuation of programs such as Empty Bowls and Green Bags. Recruit, train, and support volunteers who will support the efforts of the North Central Washington Food Distribution Center that delivers over a million pounds of food across the Chelan and Douglas Counties annually.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
We would have an orientation for new members to include the following:
- A warm welcome involving food!
- A tour of all of our offices and introduction to all of our staff
- Assignment and explanation of office space & equipment, email, phone etc.
- Set up and directions for building access and security
- Overview of expectations such as dress code, time and attendance and service hours
- Overview of our organization culture
- Overview of our agencies mission, purpose and goal
- Overview of the Americorp assignment description
- Explanation and introduction of site supervisor and lines of communication
- Highlight support available
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication
Effective public speaking and group presentation skills
Strong technology skills, including using the internet common computer
Ability to prioritize and organize efficiently
Teaching experience preferred
Volunteer recruitment and management preferred
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99