Spend your gap year with Amate House! Develop your leadership skills, gain professional skills, and start your career in social justice with our fellowship program!
Girls In The Game:
After School Coordinator
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wants to help girls find their voice and discover strength through active sports, health and leadership programs. The ideal candidate comes with high-energy, is easily adaptable and has the ability to recognize when to be a great team player or when to lead.
Under the direct supervision of the After School Program Partnerships Manager, the Coordinator is the coach and leader of the After-School Program at up to 7 different sites. The After School Coordinator will find dynamic ways to partner with students, parents and coaches to manage all aspects of the program. They are responsible for recruiting participants, coaching, communicating with parents and site contacts, and supporting part-time coaches leading programming at these sites. The Coordinator may be assigned sites which serve the same age group, or they may have both elementary and middle school sites.
Hours: The schedule for this position is 40 hours per week. Days and times are somewhat flexible, but applicants must be available to coach afternoons.
Locations: The After School Coordinator will rotate between the office in the North Lawndale neighborhood at our office in Douglass Park and our office in the Bridgeport neighborhood in McGuane Park. The coordinator will travel to schools and parks throughout Chicago to lead programming, as well as to visit other program sites. The Coordinator must be comfortable with navigating through all Chicago neighborhoods via personal vehicle or public transportation.
• Act as the main contact for the After School program at up to 7 sites.
• Coach 4-5 afternoons per week (in-person or virtually).
• Manage recruiting events by interacting with parents and students to promote our program. Our goal is to have 25-30 participants and an 80% attendance rate at each site.
• Support a team of 4-5 interns in promoting and upholding the mission of our program.
• Perform program operations and administrative duties: equipment inventory and distribution, attendance, managing documents in Eversign, administering satisfaction surveys, tracking program participation, creating marketing materials, etc.
• Maintain and work with Salesforce database to ensure successful recruiting efforts.
• Collaborate with leadership on special projects that are relevant to the overall success of Girls in the Game.
• Contribute to curriculum development or revision, particularly as they relate elementary level programs.
• Coordinate citywide events for program outreach, deepening community engagement, site recruitment and/or broader impact.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Each fellow is provided with opportunity to be matched with a professional mentor, a spiritual companion, and counseling resources. There are three service days and trainings for all fellows each service year as well as mentoring if wanted.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Some college, preferably with coursework in health, youth or teen development, education, or a related field
• Experience working with children and leading groups
• Athletic ability is not required, but applicants must have a willingness to demonstrate the basic skills of multiple sports and fitness activities
• Knowledge of computer software, e.g., Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Google Suite
• Must be able to travel daily to sites throughout Chicago
• Must show resourcefulness, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Spanish conversation skills are a plus
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 29