Corps for a Change members are placed at one high school and will support a caseload of 20-40 students who are considered to exhibit low
attendance and/or lack of engagement. AmeriCorps members will focus on student interventions such as: one-on-one support meetings, classroom observation, outreach phone calls, resource referrals, tutoring and other school-wide attendance and engagement initiatives. The goal of the members’ term of service is to support students to be more engaged in school, improve attendance, and help support a path toward academic success.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Free and immediate health insurance through Corps Network - Cigna
- Living allowance of $1,257 pretax distributed on the 3rd and 18th of every service month
- Eli Segal Education Award of up to $2,626.27 for completing the 675-hour term (for members starting in January)
- Bus pass for everyday commute for members utilizing public transportation OR mileage reimbursement for members utilizing a personal vehicle for any miles traveled during the school day (this DOES NOT include reimbursement for normal commuting miles)
- Members participate in professional development and training including topics such as motivational interviewing, restorative practices, positive youth development, equity and anti-oppression, education policy and funding, etc.
College Degree, Credential or Certification
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check