Explore the possibility of becoming a teacher at Catholic K-8 school in Santa Ana, CA. Assist classroom teacher(s) in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks including:
• Tutor individual or small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the teacher
• Direct group activities of students; assist in monitoring students
• Assist in administering and scoring a variety of tests according to student performance and behavior.
• Set up work areas, displays, and exhibits; operate audio-visual or educational training equipment; create environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Support and maintain classroom policies and procedures
• Assist in outdoor and/or playground supervision during recess and lunch periods
Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
AmeriCorps Education Award opportunity may be available to eligible volunteers.
The St. Joseph Worker Program is deeply committed to the volunteers providing mentoring and training for personal and professional development centered around four core values: leadership as a woman, social justice, spirituality, and simple living in community. The program begins with a one to two week orientation to the program and placement site. Educational and certification opportunities, monthly program day enrichment, mentoring, and retreats help volunteers discover their strengths and passions and develop the skills and confidence to make their mark on the world.
Credential or Certification
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 35