We are seeking a full-time SolarCorps Outreach Fellow to engage with the outreach team and help implement outreach strategy to increase the number of income-qualified clients served in regional counties. Outreach SolarCorps members will educate underserved communities impacted by environmental and economic injustice about the benefits and cost-savings of renewable energy. Members are trained and supervised by GRID's regional outreach managers to support qualifying families through the solar installation process and educate families about other energy efficiency programs before going solar. Members with this experience go on to careers in solar sales, community engagement, and other related roles.
You MUST apply directly through GRID's website: https://gridalternatives.org/get-involved/careers/open-positions
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
● Segal Americorps Education Award of $10,000 upon successful completion of fellowship
● Professional development opportunities and funds (based on approval of supervisor)
● 10 personal days off and 13 holidays observed by GRID
● Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
● Childcare if eligible
● $600 for professional development
● Access to GRID's Employee Assistance Program.
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma, Credential or Certification
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
● Must be 18 years or older
● 11-month commitment and complete 1700 hours of service
● To be eligible for AmeriCorps, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States.
● Excellent communication skills and ability to represent GRID Alternatives positively
● Comfortable being part of a team
● Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
● Strong computer skills
● After starting with GRID, must successfully register and maintain a Home Improvement Salesperson registration with the Contractors State License Board
● Interest and enthusiasm for renewable energy, community development, and helping families and communities in need.
● When working remotely, you must have access to a reliable internet connection. GRID will provide a laptop, charger, headset when remote working is required.
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99