We are seeking a full-time SolarCorps Construction Design Fellow to engage with the construction team in residential solar PV Design. Construction SolarCorps members will serve directly on GRID's low-income solar installation projects, helping complete all aspects of installation including system design, permitting, installation of solar panel systems, approval, and utility interconnection. The fellow will split their training between solar PV design and hands-on solar installation. All Construction SolarCorps Fellows will gain a broad range of skills and experience to qualify for a range of different solar construction careers.
You MUST apply directly through GRID's website: https://gridalternatives.org/get-involved/careers/open-positions
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
● Segal Americorps Education Award of $10,000 upon successful completion of fellowship
● Professional development opportunities and funds (based on approval of supervisor)
● 10 personal days off and 13 holidays observed by GRID
● Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
● Childcare if eligible
● $600 for professional development
● Access to GRID's Employee Assistance Program.
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma, Credential or Certification
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
● Must be 18 years or older
● 11-month commitment and complete 1700 hours
● To be eligible for AmeriCorps, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States.
● High computer literacy
● Ability to learn and retain new concepts and technology quickly
● Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
● Able to work outdoors, on rooftops, and in extreme temperatures
● A passion for environmental justice and clean energy
● Willingness to learn skills on the job
● Be comfortable in working with diverse communities
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
● Ultra-organized with demonstrated success juggling multiple demands
● Clean, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
● When working remotely, you must have access to reliable internet. GRID will provide a laptop, charger, and headset when remote working is required.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99