Members participate in interfaith outreach across Central Indiana to build sustainable programs and relationships with faith communities. Members participate in enrichment to further understand, communicate and cooperate over the topics of meeting individual social needs. Member service activities include outreach, referrals, community education and awareness, and resource opportunities. IEC AmeriCorps Members recruit and train volunteers who will be engaged in relevant host-site capacity building activities.
Members' service is individualized to their service site mission and served community, with a focus on
• Building capacity at host-site by establishing 2-3 new activities/projects that increase accessibility of services
• Engage and further the unique mission of your host-site organization, particularly by recruiting and managing volunteers
• Attend and participate in a one-week training & orientation, bi-weekly enrichment series throughout the service year, and a one-week retreat.
• Build authentic professional relationships with immigrants and refugees, faith groups, and service providers.
• Identify and pursue training that leverage local experts and professionals for the benefit of your site and the IEC AmeriCorps team.
• Cultivate a network of faith community leaders and volunteers to assist in sustainable program building.
Sites Available for February 2024:
Education and Resource Connection for Immigrants and Refugees (Catholic Charities-Immigrant and Refugee Services)
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
Education award of $6,895 upon successful completion of service (earn money for college or to pay off loans for accredited programs)
Living allowance ($884 every two weeks)
Student loan forbearance
Professional and Training
Childcare assistance (if eligible)
Member Assistance Plan: Mental Health Support (online or phone sessions)
College Degree, Credential or Certification
English, French, Spanish
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check