The Food Depository leverages part time AmeriCorps members to support the following areas:
- Health partner programs that provide nutritious meals to patients experiencing food insecurity
- Older adult programs that provide produce and healthy shelf stable items at older adult residences and senior centers
- SNAP Outreach at partner pantries to expand the reach of the Food Depository’s Benefits Outreach team
- Veteran pantries at Hines VA Hospital and Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
- CTA monthly pass
- Professional Development Stipend
- Personalized Development Plans
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Travel throughout Cook County is required for AmeriCorps members serving in this position.
With the continued COVID surge due to the Delta variant, we are taking additional steps to make sure our staff and volunteers are protected. As of 10/4/2021, all Greater Chicago Food Depository new hires, including AmeriCorps members, will be required to be vaccinated.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check