Colorado Math Corps is an AmeriCorps program with the mission of ensuring that Colorado students in 4th-8th grade who are struggling in math receive daily individualized support in order to improve math skills. As a Math Tutor, you’ll be placed at a one school where you’ll help students in elementary or middle school to improve their core math skills and gain confidence. Every day, you’ll meet with students in small groups to provide extra practice and build skills.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Free and immediate health insurance through Corps Network - Cigna
- Living allowance of $1,257 pretax distributed on the 3rd and 18th of every service month
- Eli Segal Education Award of up to $3,447.50 for completing the 900-hour term (for members starting in October), and $2,626.27 for completing the 675-hour term (for members starting in January)
- Bus pass for everyday commute for members utilizing public transportation OR mileage reimbursement for members utilizing a personal vehicle for any miles traveled during the school day (this DOES NOT include reimbursement for normal commuting miles)
- Members participate in professional development and training including topics such as motivational interviewing, restorative practices, positive youth development, equity and anti-oppression, education policy and funding, etc.
- Access to the Member Assistance Program (MAP) that provides free, confidential, 24/7 phone counseling to members and 3 free in-person or telehealth sessions with a licensed clinician.
- Federal Loan Forbearance – AmeriCorps will pay off interest that is accrued during your term of service on all eligible student loans.
GED/High School Diploma
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check