The K-3 Elementary Literacy Tutor is placed at one elementary school to provide supplemental practice to children in kindergarten through third grade to develop their reading skills. The tutor will use scripted, evidence-based literacy interventions as guided by coaches and will conduct weekly 1-minute assessments to ensure each student is on track to read at grade level. Students make the most progress when you are there, so our tutors serve during school hours and are needed for the entire school year.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Free and immediate health insurance through Corps Network - Cigna
- Living allowance of $1,257 pretax distributed on the 3rd and 18th of every service month
- Eli Segal Education Award of up to $2,626.27 for completing the 675-hour term (for members starting in January)
- Bus pass for everyday commute for members utilizing public transportation OR mileage reimbursement for members utilizing a personal vehicle for any miles traveled during the school day (this DOES NOT include reimbursement for normal commuting miles)
- Members participate in professional development and training including topics such as motivational interviewing, restorative practices, positive youth development, equity and anti-oppression, education policy and funding, etc.
College Degree, Credential or Certification
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check