The Outreach Specialist VISTA members will build capacity for the Colorado Youth for a Change Reengagement program. Members will build program capacity by creating, enhancing, and implementing systems that will increase program outcomes pertaining to student recruitment and successful program completion.
• Develop and implement a new program recruitment system:
• Research and evaluate recruitment systems used by Colorado Youth for a Change and other national high-school reengagement programs.
• Create systems to implement recruitment strategies and increase program outreach efficiencies.
• Implement newly developed recruitment strategy.
• Develop systems to replicate program components, such as manuals, tool kits, or written instructions.
• Develop post-program follow-up system:
• Track post-program outcomes on all students served by the Reengagement program.
• Create an early-warning system to respond to student performance after program exit.
• Develop systems to replicate post-program follow-up component, such as manuals, tool kits, or written instructions.
• Additional capacity building activities:
• Support the enhancement of online school information manual.
• Support the development of online resource manual.
• Enhance intervention tool-kit for the Reengagement and Intervention programs at CYC.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Spanish peaking preferred
• Recruitment/Outreach experience
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to sustain motivation in office environment
• Ability to work as part of a diverse team
• Task oriented and deadline driven
Supervision: The Recruitment and Data Specialist will be based in CYC’s Denver office and will be supervised by the Reengagement Program Manager.
AmeriCorps VISTA: This position will be filled by an AmeriCorps*VISTA member. To qualify for AmeriCorps*VISTA, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident, be team-oriented, and be willing to take on a wide range of challenges. Once chosen for this position, if not already a VISTA member, you must go through the necessary paperwork to become a VISTA member.
Program Benefits: Childcare assistance if eligible, Choice of Education Award ($5,815) or End of Service Stipend ($1,800) upon successful completion of service, Health Coverage, Relocation Assistance, Living Allowance ($1,222/month), Professional Development, Training, Laptop and cellphone to use during your term.
Service Term: November 13, 2018 – November 12, 2019
Hour Requirement: 40 hours per week
Community Need Addressed
High school dropout
Solving Colorado's dropout crisis
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Stipend
Skills you will gain
capacity building, project management, professional skills, public speaking, data management, recruiting, recruitment
Competencies You Will Develop
Demonstrate sensitivity and empathy, Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions, Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel, Improvise
Develop constructive working relationships and maintain them over time, Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Identify and prioritize the key issues involved to facilitate the decision making process, Quickly respond with a back-up plan if a decision goes amiss
Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines, Seek opportunities to improve knowledge of tools and technologies that may assist in streamlining work and improving productivity
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create environment of contribution, Set goals
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients, Honor the privilege of being able to work with and for those being served, Recognize the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of those being served