Immerse yourself in outdoor environmental projects and cultivate connection to the Northwest, your teammates, and the unique ecological features that define our region. WCC is recruiting AmeriCorps members statewide!
Serving with WCC means spending your days outdoors, in all weather conditions, accomplishing projects that restore and enhance landscapes across Washington. Crew members serve on a crew of five AmeriCorps members, along with an experienced crew supervisor who provides training, mentorship, and development opportunities.
WCC supports a variety of crew types:
• Restoration crews focus on habitat restoration and enhancement projects such as planting trees and shrubs, removing invasive species, and monitoring and maintaining restoration sites.
• Trail crews focus on recreation enhancements such as building and maintaining trails, public camping infrastructure, bridges, boardwalks and more.
• Spike crews travel around the state of Washington to complete both restoration and recreation focused projects. Food and lodging are provided while in travel status.
WCC partners with over 100 organizations across Washington State including Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments and non-profits. Members have opportunities to network with individuals leading ecological restoration and recreation access efforts statewide and regionally. WCC prioritizes physical and emotional safety and provides training for all field activities.
Qualifications: No prior experience needed for crew positions! Must be 18-25 years old, with exceptions for those with military service or mental or sensory disabilities. Preference is given to Washington state residents.
AmeriCorps Eligibility: U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent U.S. Resident Alien
Pay and Benefits
• Living allowance of $1,406 twice a month ($2,812* per month, before taxes)
*Location-based elevated living allowance available for members with positions based in King, Snohomish, Clark, and Kitsap counties: $1,530 twice a month ($3,060 per month, before taxes).
• AmeriCorps Education Award of $4,826.50 (scholarship) upon successful completion of 9-month contract (and 1200 service hours).
• Educational loan forbearance is available through AmeriCorps for qualified loans.
• Health insurance is offered by WCC. WCC pays the monthly insurance premium. Members are eligible for WCC-offered insurance on their first
day of service.
• Access to the Member Assistance Program (MAP), which is designed to support providing accessible and quality mental health services to
• AmeriCorps Child Care Benefit Program, which is available to qualified full-time AmeriCorps State Members who need the benefit to serve.
• Three weeks of paid professional training in addition to day-to-day hands-on training
Childcare assistance if eligible, College Credit, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
In addition to the benefits listed above, WCC AmeriCorps members will have opportunities to network with environmental professionals from non-profit and governmental agencies. They will also participate in career-enhancement activities like résumé workshops, goal setting, and formal feedback sessions throughout the year. Members who deploy on disaster response will be eligible for a bi-monthly deployment stipend in addition to the bi-monthly living allowance.
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma, Credential or Certification
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
No prior experience needed. Daily skills training and formal training courses are provided. Candidates must be willing to serve in all weather conditions, learn new skills, and contribute to a team atmosphere.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 25