Washington Service Corps’ Youth Opportunity program focuses on young people ages 16 to 24 who have dropped out of school or are long-term unemployed, and getting them re-engaged in an educational and/or career path.
As a WSC AmeriCorps member, you can provide training, coaching, guidance, tutoring and supportive services to increase the number of economically disadvantaged youth who will progress on a pathway to education or towards employment opportunities.
- tutoring and mentoring youth in gaining their GED or graduating with a diploma;
- collaborating with local technical colleges and universities to provide exposure to program participants;
- helping youth prepare for and enter college or other post-secondary institution;
- training in career planning, job search skills and workplace skills;
- training in financial literacy concepts to help youth find and maintain self-sufficiency.
WSC positions are full-time (40 hours per week) for 6-8 months, depending on service site. Positions slated to start November 2019 through February 2020.
• Modest monthly living allowance
• Health insurance coverage
• Childcare assistance, if qualified
• Upon successful completion of the service term, an education award that can be used to pay for college tuition, pay off existing qualified school loans, or – if the member is at least 55 years of age – can be transferred to a child or grandchild.
Learn more about available positions at www.washingtonservicecorps.org!
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Subject to criminal background check