The Client Advocate builds helping relationships with people in need so that they recognize and utilize their personal strengths and resources in problem solving. The Advocate participates fully in the work of the Social Services Department of SVDP – responsible for assessment, eligibility determination, documentation and service delivery for people requesting assistance.
VVC members serve full-time in a unique work placement with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. They live together in a house provided by the program, in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati, blocks from SVDP’s Outreach Center. One hundred percent of VVC members finish the program with a meaningful next-step in their career.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
This program also covers:
- three retreats during the program year
- weekly formation
- monthly leadership development program, including professional mentor
- all living expenses (room, utilities, board, internet)
- health insurance
- renter's insurance
- monthly personal stipend ($100)
- monthly phone stipend ($50)
- monthly transportation stipend ($30 - local bus tickets)
- plus an Education Award ($5,775) upon completion of service
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 30