The VVC Pharmacy Associate provides direct service support to patients seeking services, qualifying them for services and assessing other basic needs (i.e. food, rent and utilities, etc.). Knowledge and interest in the medical field is helpful but not necessary - training will be provided and this role will work side-by-side with our staff patient-advocate.
This position is part of the Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati (VVC) program, a faith-based, year-long, residential service program, providing young professionals in their twenties an opportunity to grow in faith, friendship and service by giving deeply of themselves to individuals and families in need.
VVC members serve full-time in a unique work placement with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. They live together in a house provided by the program, in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati, walking distance from SVDP’s Outreach Center. 100% of program alumni reported experiencing personal and professional growth through VVC.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
This program also covers:
- three retreats during the program year
- weekly formation
- monthly leadership development program
- monthly 1:1 meetings with professional mentor
- all living expenses (room, utilities, board, internet)
- health insurance
- renter's insurance
- monthly personal stipend ($100)
- monthly phone stipend ($50)
- monthly transportation stipend ($30 - local bus tickets)
- plus an Education Award ($5,775) upon completion of service
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 30