This position supports the empowerment program, Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ by World, for St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati, in collaboration with area Conferences, with the aim of helping individuals build their own personal plan to get out of poverty and create sustainability. S/he will support all program-related needs: coordinating logistics, recruiting participants, facilitating trainings, working with individual participants, training additional facilitators and mentors. This position has the unique opportunity to create ongoing relationship with neighbors in need, support the work of our area Conferences, and develop opportunities for SVDP to address systemic change.
This position is part of the Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati (VVC) program, a faith-based, year-long, residential service program, providing young professionals in their twenties an opportunity to grow in faith, friendship and service by giving deeply of themselves to their neighbors in need.
VVC members serve full-time in a unique work placement with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. They live together in a house provided by the program, in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati, blocks from SVDP’s Outreach Center. One hundred percent of VVC members finish the program with a meaningful next-step in their career.
1. Receive training on Bridges Out of Poverty and Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin' by World curriculum
2. Recruit participants and mentors for the Getting Ahead program
3. Co-facilitate the 16 week Getting Ahead program, for a small group of neighbors experiencing poverty
4. Work with program participants to create a network of speakers to share their stories for St. Vincent de Paul events
5. Present Getting Ahead content at various trainings and workshops
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
This program also covers:
- three retreats during the program year
- weekly formation
- monthly leadership development program, including professional mentor
- all living expenses (room, utilities, board, internet)
- health insurance
- renter's insurance
- monthly personal stipend ($100)
- monthly phone stipend ($50)
- monthly transportation stipend ($30 - local bus tickets)
- plus an Education Award ($5,775) upon completion of service
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 30