Our Community Relations department works to promote the work of the Society, to support the programs that provide basic needs for our neighbors. Your work will focus on marketing and publicity (including social media) and event planning, with some opportunities to assist our Development department with grant writing/research. This position will be part-time, coupled with another part-time position working directly with our neighbors in need.
This position is part of the Vincentian Volunteers of Cincinnati (VVC) program, a faith-based, year-long, residential service program, providing young professionals in their twenties an opportunity to grow in faith, friendship and service by giving deeply of themselves to their neighbors in need.
VVC members serve full-time in a unique work placement with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. They live together in a house provided by the program, in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati, blocks from SVDP’s Outreach Center. One hundred percent of VVC members finish the program with a meaningful next-step in their career.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Housing, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
This program also covers:
- three overnight retreats during the program year
- weekly formation
- monthly leadership development workshops
- 1:1 professional mentor (monthly meetings)
- all living expenses (room, utilities, board, internet)
- health insurance
- renter's insurance
- monthly personal stipend ($100)
- monthly phone stipend ($50)
- monthly transportation stipend ($30 - local bus tickets)
- plus an Education Award (~ $6,000, depending on current fiscal year Pell Grant) upon completion of service
Prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time
Subject to criminal background check
21 - 30