Our local United Way is hiring a team AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25, who will make a difference in our community by running lunchtime mentoring programs in local middle schools during the 2021-22 school year.
Each AmeriCorps member will serve in a local middle school to recruit, train, and coordinate adult mentors from the local community, and work one-on-one with students. Positions are available to serve 20, 30, and 40 hours per week. All positions start on September 1, 2021 and end on June 30, 2022.
Benefits of serving with AmeriCorps and United Way include:
• Build skills that are in demand by employers
• Grow your professional network
• Receive a living stipend
• Receive a financial award toward your education at the end of your service
• Receive student loan forbearance during service
• Receive extensive professional development, training, and statewide networking opportunities as a part of the Washington State COVID Response Corps
• Help shape a dynamic, young program from the ground up while helping improve our community
• AmeriCorps experience looks great on your resume!
Depending on number of hours served per week, AmeriCorps Members will earn the following living allowance and education award:
20 Hours / Week: $11,223.68 living allowance and $3,172.50 education award
30 Hours / Week: $15,713.15 living allowance and $4,441.50 education award
40 Hours / Week: $22,447.36 living allowance and $6,345 education award
Health insurance and childcare assistance is available for 40 hour/week positions.
Scheduling flexibility available for weekday work to accommodate other life responsibilities like school, family, or other part-time employment.
To apply, please visit https://www.uwbfco.org/americorps to submit an application. Positions are filling quickly; apply now to start in September!
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Mileage and cellphone reimbursements included. Comprehensive professional development and training provided.
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
•Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or in-progress college coursework.
• Experience working or volunteering with minors and/or in an education setting, or relevant college coursework.
• Ability to effectively manage complex tasks and managing priorities.
• Proficiency in use of Office 365 and teleconferencing platforms (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom).
• Fluency in a language other than English.
English, Russian, Spanish
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 25