What is the SolarCorps Fellowship Program…
GRID Alternatives’ SolarCorps Fellowship Program is an opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic community members to join GRID Alternatives for an 11-month paid service term. In this position, you’ll gain valuable experience in the renewable energy and non-profit industries while making significant contributions to communities most impacted by environmental and economic injustice!
Why do a Fellowship at GRID Alternatives...
GRID Alternatives is a diverse and inclusive national non-profit organization that provides renewable energy, workforce training, and solar policy advocacy. At GRID, we care about each other and know that each employee has a whole self that includes life outside of GRID. Our culture supports learning, growth, and well-being of all of our team members.
Based in Oakland, California, GRID has 9 regional offices and affiliates serving all of California, Colorado, and the Mid-Atlantic Region. GRID also works in Nicaragua, Mexico, and Nepal and has a dedicated staff of 380 and growing!
GRID Alternatives provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Because we value EID at GRID we encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply even if you do not meet all qualifications.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
● Segal Americorps Education Award of $10,000 upon successful completion of fellowship
● Professional development opportunities and funds (based on approval of supervisor)
● 10 personal days off and 13 holidays observed by GRID
● Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
● Childcare if eligible
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma, Credential or Certification
Less than High School Completed
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
● Must be 18 years or older
● 11-month commitment and complete 1700 hours of service
● To be eligible for AmeriCorps, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States.
● Excellent communication skills and ability to represent GRID Alternatives positively
● Comfortable being part of a team
● Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills
● Strong computer skills
● Interest and enthusiasm for renewable energy, community development, and helping families and communities in need.
● When working remotely, you must have access to reliable internet. GRID will provide a laptop, charger, and headset when remote working is required.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99