Becoming a Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) member enables you to do great things for the Sierra Nevada while you grow as an individual and attain tangible benefits. Put your idealism to work through AmeriCorps! Protect the Sierra environment and rural communities. You will learn teamwork, communications, conservation issues, responsibility and other essential skills that will help you for the rest of your life. And you’ll gain the personal satisfaction of taking on a challenge and seeing results. The Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership needs your courage, skills, and dedication!
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
In addition to SNAP Member Benefits, the TRTA will provide an additional housing stipend of $1,500 ($250/month).
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
• Must be 18 years of age, or older
• Because this position requires driving, applicants must be 21+
• Ability and willingness to undergo a federal criminal background check is required
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Effective communication skills with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
• Must be able to communicate clearly and consistently with TRTA staff
• Possess an enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible and positive attitude
• Experience with program facilitation for youth (K-12)
• Background in Environmental/Outdoor Education, Environmental Science or demonstrated interest/commitment
• Interest and experience in experiential education, backpacking, wilderness survival, ecology and Leave No Trace
• Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Motivation, stamina, and ability to work up to 12 hours a day in the field teaching youth groups, carrying a backpack with up to 40 lbs. for five miles.
• Experience with basic computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite
• First Aid or Wilderness First Aid certified
• Lifeguard certification
• Knowledge and understanding of Leave No Trace principals
• Spanish language proficiency
Subject to criminal background check