Serve Philadelphia VISTAs are committed individuals who fight the injustices and causes of poverty facing individuals and communities in Philadelphia by serving in City departments full-time for one year.
Serve Philadelphia is seeking a VISTA Leader to support and grow our Serve VISTA Summer Associate Program. The Summer Associate Program is an opportunity for young professionals in Philadelphia to gain valuable experience in City Government while positively impacting their communities. Summer Associates serve full-time for the summer. The Summer Associate VISTA Leader will work closely and collaborate with the full-year VISTA Corps Leader and Serve VISTA program staff to: create a sustainable program structure for the Summer Associate program; increase the presence and awareness of the program; support the recruitment, on boarding and retention of Summer Associate members; and collect and analyze data around the impact of Serve Philadelphia VISTA Summer Associate projects. Start date is in November. This position is for a full 12 months. **Previous successful completion of a National Service or Peace Corps term is required.**
• Create a sustainable Summer Associate program structure for the City of Philadelphia.
• Build capacity for Serve’s strategic recruitment efforts for both Full Year and Summer Associate VISTAs.
• Provide overall support to the VISTA corps through regular communications, resource curating and supporting annual events.
• Collect and analyze VISTA project progress and impact.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Monthly public transportation pass
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Skills and qualifications:
• Successful completion of a National Service or Peace Corps term required
• Bachelor's degree required
• Must commit to the full 12 months
• Passionate about National Service and Philadelphia
• Experience in program coordination and/or project management
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
• Growth mind-set
• Leadership experience a plus
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check