This position will be one of the front-line faces of our organization, greeting our neighbors as they enter the Center seeking assistance; serving as part of our volunteer team bringing new ideas, recruiting & training; coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Center; and liaisoning with the homeless in our community, bringing critical information back to the Homeless Initiatives Task Force.
Join your excitement and energy with our Seeds of Hope Team and help us make a real difference in the lives we serve!
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Training
Training and resume building which will help AmeriCorps members after their service year(s) in seeking meaningful employment.
College Degree, GED/High School Diploma, Credential or Certification
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
- Have a positive, welcoming, and non-judgmental presence with a diversity of types of people.
- Be patient and kind.
- Have a Bachelor’ degree, or experience which demonstrates the ability to do research and formulate theory and practice recommendations based on that research.
- Have strong writing skills.
- Have experience in mentoring, coaching, and/or supervision of peers (for example a Resident Assistant on a college campus or Camp Counselor).
- Have basic computer and on-line experience, especially with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Have an openness to learning new skills and trying new work.
- Be a critical thinker.
- Work well both as a team member and independently.
- Be committed to community engagement outside service year experience.
- Have presentation skills.
- Be committed to professionalism and appropriate boundaries with those we serve.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99