- Design a volunteer outreach plan aiming to increase the capacity of volunteers for the host-site agency
- Create a system for screening and matching volunteers to appropriate roles that meet educational needs.
- Coordinate projects that engage families in school and community life such as resource fairs, family arts and cultural events, academic enrichment projects and family service days.
- Utilize technology and in-person outreach to recruit residents to volunteer and participate in other civic activities.
- Manage contact information of volunteers, website and eblast subscribers and other contacts.
- Create marketing materials to promote the community website, volunteer opportunities and community events.
- Collaborate with other SCI staff, volunteers and partners on other projects to promote civic engagement, with an emphasis on integrating youth into activities of SCI and community partners.
- VOCs will have a strong online presence. At certain host sites, VOCs will serve as the primary webmaster for one of the SCI community websites. These members will also be the primary editors for the local civic eBlast. Some of the responsibilities of these roles will be to update content on SCI community portal websites, weekly civic eBlasts, community partner sites and other websites in order to recruit residents to participate in volunteerism and other civic activities.
Volunteer Outreach Coordinator Objectives:
- Recruit and coordinate at least 200 volunteers
- Have at least 200 additional members participate in community activities
- 10% increase in traffic to the SCI community web tools and/or host partner websites
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Members receive a modest living allowance during their service
Post-service educational award
Health insurance coverage available
Excellent experience for future professional and educational opportunities.
Additional local benefits may be available.
Pre-service orientation and on-site training provided by SCI; ongoing training opportunities and workshops.
Matching institutions for the ed award:
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 100