Construction Coordinators play a vital role in the process of building our client’s homes. Construction Coordinators ensure construction sites are provided and tracked with necessary tools and materials on time and accurately so that our Project Managers and Site Supervisors have what they need when they need it.
Assisting in SBP's Rebuild Program throughout disaster impacted areas.
Community Need Addressed
Our ability to continue to bring families home relies heavily on the dedication of our AmeriCorps members. Construction Coordinators play a vital role in the process of building our client’s homes. Construction Coordinators ensure construction sites are provided and tracked with necessary tools and materials on time and accurately so that our Project Managers and Site Supervisors have what they need when they need it.
● Assist with permits by dropping off permit applications.
● Schedule inspections with the building department and funders as needed for each construction projects.
● Identify potential new subcontractors and maintain sub-contractor database and folders with proper documentation.
● Coordinate and schedule times for subcontractors to complete work on clients’ homes.
● Attend walkthroughs with Project Managers and subcontractors and receive bids from subcontractors and place in their folders.
● Order and process utilities and special orders for sites; i.e. dumpsters, drywall, etc.
● Ensure all electronic construction files, gantt charts, excel tracking documents, and white boards are up to date with accurate information
● Learn, understand, and perform SBP’s expectations for job site and personal safety as outlined in the Construction Manual and Safety While Serving at SBP, as well as safety trainings occurring throughout the term on site or during departmental meetings
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Previous members of AmeriCorps, VISTA and NCCC programs are eligible to receive a $150 housing stipend.
Skills you will gain
Time management, Organization
Competencies You Will Develop
Speak clearly, in precise language and in a logical, organized and coherent manner, Turn taking, Write cleary and effectively
Creativity & Problem Solving
Communicate the problem to appropriate personnel
Stay positive and outcome oriented, Use appropriate strategies and solutions for dealing with conflicts and differences to maintain a smooth workflow
Consistently choose the best tool or technological solution for the problem at hand, Seek opportunities to improve knowledge of tools and technologies that may assist in streamlining work and improving productivity
Able to prioritize various competing tasks, Create environment of contribution, Create plan of action, schedule tasks so that work is completed on time, Drive decision making, Set goals
Honor the privilege of being able to work with and for those being served, Provide personalized, prompt, and efficient service to meet the requirements, requests and needs of customers, Understand the significance of maintaining a healthful and safe environment