AmeriCorps Logistics Coordinators serve as the backbone of SBP’s construction department. Logistics Coordinators ensure that SBP is represented in a positive and professional manner by completing each project on time and on schedule, interacting positively with colleagues and subcontractors, maintaining tools, ordering supplies and focusing on safety in the warehouse and at each job site.
Effectively schedule prompt and accurate deliveries of supplies so that construction sites have what they need to complete each project on time and on schedule.
Schedule and conduct deliveries and other tasks to ensure optimal efficiency throughout each day and week.
Schedule & coordinate various inspections with the Office of Safety and Permits and/or grant inspectors according to the guidance and direction of Project Managers and Senior Construction Staff.
Work with subcontractors to obtain estimates and coordinate projects.
Order all site services, assessments and clearances, set up temporary and permanent utility account
Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
Be at least 21 years of age or older.
• Satisfy a Motor Vehicle/Driver History Check showing: Class C driver’s license in good standing, Must be 21 years or older, 21 and 22-year olds must have clean driving record
For candidates 23 and older, the following applies: No more than two moving violations in last 3 years, No DWI/DUI in last 5 years, No major violations in the last 5 years
• Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
• Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
• Satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria pursuant to 45 CFR 2540.202.
● Fluency in Spanish required for positions serving at the Puerto Rico Operating Site
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Previous members of AmeriCorps, VISTA and NCCC programs are eligible to receive a $150 housing stipend.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check