Ohio Stream Restore Corps AmeriCorps members are the wind in the sails of community improvement, economic development, and environmental restoration in Appalachian Ohio. OSRC members are engaged every day in water quality monitoring, stream cleanups, trail building, community outreach events, classroom enrichment, day camps, workshops, and business training. That's quite a wide array of interventions, but all of our service is built around a holistic, asset-based community development. Our AmeriCorps members are the Greater Good in Appalachian Ohio. Join us!
The following host sites are still recruiting for the 2019-20 term:
• Monday Creek Watershed Engagement, Perry County
• Middle Tuscarawas Watershed, Tuscarawas County
• Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Perry and Licking
• Wayne National Forest, Athens County
• Buckeye Trail Association, Athens County
• Dairy Barn Arts Center, Athens County
• Ohio’s Hill Country Heritage Area, Perry County
• United Plant Savers, Meigs County
Go to http://ruralaction.org/get-involved/americorps/ for full position descriptions!
All AmeriCorps members need the following skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Computer skills, including database management
• Experience recruiting and working with volunteers
• Interest in watershed restoration, environmental education, heritage tourism or equivalent field of study
• Public speaking and the ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
• Ability to serve flexible hours, including evenings and weekends if needed
• Some (not all!) positions require the ability to hike extended distances over rough terrain and the ability to carry up to 40 lb. of equipment; see full position descriptions for details
• Access to reliable transportation
• General knowledge of Appalachian Ohio culture is preferred
All Ohio Stream Restore Corps AmeriCorps members will perform the following activities:
• Attend required training sessions for skill development throughout the service term
• Complete and submit all required documentation including monthly reports, timesheets, etc.
• Recruit, train and coordinate volunteers, volunteer projects and programs
• Attend all meetings as required
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
We also provided service-related reimbursement budgets for mileage, training, and equipment.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99