One (1) member will serve in with the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District in New Philadelphia, Ohio. The member will help coordinate large-scale conservation projects and serve as a peer mentor with a 3 month summer cohort. Conservation projects may include work with forestry and survey crews, trail building, tree planting, water quality monitoring, and more.
Visit https://ruralaction.org/aorc for more info.
Positions and benefits/compensation are subject to change pending program funding.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
Benefits for AmeriCorps Positions Include:
* Access to fresh produce during the growing season
* Mileage, training, and equipment budget
* Assistance finding comfortable and affordable housing in your service community
* Professional development and training opportunities including valuable certifications and industry credentials
* Joining a family of AmeriCorps Alums in the region committed to lifelong-service and activism
* Networking with local non-profit and government leaders
Credential or Certification
High School Graduate
Subject to criminal background check