AmeriCorps members in the assigned Region and Chapter will be focused on providing disaster preparedness training and education to individuals and groups throughout the community through New York State's Citizen Preparedness Corps, the American Red Cross' Pillowcase Project and Prepare with Pedro, Home Fire Campaign, and Be Red Cross Ready initiatives. In addition, AmeriCorps members serving in our program will also work on increasing volunteer capacity throughout the assigned Region by recruiting, training and engaging community volunteers through their service work. Finally, AmeriCorps members serving in our program will be given the opportunity to learn more about and become directly involved with various other core Disasters Cycle Services operations such as Disaster Response, Mass Care, Disaster Workforce Engagement, Logistics, Information / Planning, and Individual Disaster Care, and other disaster activities to ensure the Red Cross is able to effectively respond to disasters.
Childcare assistance if eligible, College Credit, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Stipend, Student loan forbearance, Training
- Free Dental/Vision Coverage
- Member Assistance Plan
- Networking within the American Red Cross and the community.
- Exposure to American Red Cross employment anywhere in the country
- Participation in the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Federal Student Loan Forbearance and Interest Payments
- Professional and interpersonal development opportunities
High School Graduate
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check