The AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator is integral in building and maintaining many community partnerships at Rebuilding Together Montgomery County (RTMC). In this position, you will activate local community members to get involved and make an impact in their community by volunteering with RTMC. You will engage both skilled-trades and unskilled volunteers to build our capacity through a number of opportunities, including hands-on repair work, warehouse management, client education in healthy housing or home maintenance, office roles, and to serve in special roles on rebuilding days (ex: safety captains, supplies/materials runners, photographers). You will ensure volunteers receive a proper orientation to RTMC’s work and are placed with appropriate projects based on skill/experience. You will also oversee volunteer communication and planning for excellent volunteer experiences, as well as organize ways to show our appreciation to volunteers for their service to our clients.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
• Opportunity to address housing issues hands-on in your community.
• Work with and support 49 other AmeriCorps members across the country.
• Living allowance of $16,000 over an 11-month term of service
• Additional High Cost of Living Stipend: $50/month to cover high, local living expenses
• Health insurance including dental and vision plans.
• Education Award of $6,345 for qualifying education expenses or loans, upon completion of the term of service.
• Federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment.
• Positions are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
• Professional development benefit of $200/member provided by RT National.
• Access to LinkedIn Learning professional development trainings/courses.
• Mental Health benefit provided by RT National (covers 6 visits with a mental health professional OR 6 months of an online/tele-service subscription).
High School Graduate
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check