The AmeriCorps Volunteer & Project Coordinator will improve our capacity to serve more homeowners and engage more volunteers through the management of intake and response to all volunteer and homeowner requests as well as logistics of volunteer project placement. They will conduct outreach and review applications from homeowners. The AmeriCorps Volunteer & Project Coordinator will work with the Development Manager to manage corporate volunteer groups on rebuilding project. They will work with the Housing Coordinator in building relationships in targeted areas and with strategic groups, such as community-based organizations. The goal of these relationships is to collaborate on joint rebuilding projects and volunteer events, and to develop referral resources for our homeowners. This individual will also be responsible for reviewing homeowner applications and seeing that all aspects of a rebuilding project and/or event day are managed appropriately by working with the Development Manager, Construction Manager, and other project leadership before, during and after the event day. Deliverables for this position will include manuals, templates and formal procedures for volunteer engagement and project management at Rebuilding Together NYC.
• Expedite efforts to identify eligible homes and nonprofit facilities through collaborating with staff and fellow AmeriCorps members to improve management of volunteers and the implementation of volunteer and homeowner-related projects.
• Assist in reviewing homeowner and community center applications, ensuring they are complete and determining eligibility. Track applications in SalesForce, work requested, and help prioritize projects.
• Increase quality of service provided to homeowners and community centers by assisting in pre-build project coordination through volunteer intake and management, timeline planning, and meeting with stakeholders.
• Work with staff and additional AmeriCorps members to place and communicate with volunteers and plan project event days, including understanding of needs and communication with sponsors.
• Responsible for volunteer communication, coordination and placement. Oversee and lead project volunteer productivity, work-day activities and event set up/break down.
• Assist in volunteer orientation including: History of Rebuilding Together NYC (pre-Sandy vs. Post Sandy), site/tool/neighborhood safety, homeowner biography, and project work scope.
Community Need Addressed
Rebuilding Together's mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives. The AmeriCorps Volunteer & Project Coordinator will improve our capacity to serve more homeowners and engage more volunteers through the management of intake and response to all volunteer and homeowner requests as well as logistics of volunteer project placement.
Our vision is to create safe homes and communities for everyone.
While each affiliate is small, the impact is huge and the program is diverse. As a CapacityCorps member this translates into a well-rounded service term, in which members are given the opportunity to discover their own strengths and weakness and focus on the areas of service that interest them most. Rebuilding Together's leadership provides encouragement and resources to motivate members in improving the health and safety of houses in our community.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Mental health benefits and you will be a part of a community of passionate, talented, and inspiring Rebuilding Together AmeriCorps members across the country
Competencies You Will Develop
Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions
Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers
Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them
Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines
Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients