A well-run rebuilding project requires a lot of planning and skill behind the scenes to ensure that clients, volunteers, community partners, and others come together to have an impactful, uplifting project day. The AmeriCorps Project Coordinator manages rebuilding projects from start to finish, beginning with the initial visit to assess the client’s home repair and/or accessibility modification needs, through the completion of the work scope tasks and final project evaluation. The AmeriCorps Project Coordinator will coordinate with clients, skilled volunteers, community partners, vendors, inspectors, and staff to develop and implement the project. The AmeriCorps Project Coordinator will follow up with clients after each project to ensure that any health or safety concerns were addressed according to the work scope and complete any punch list items.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
• Opportunity to address housing issues hands-on in your community.
• Work with and support 49 other AmeriCorps members across the country.
• Living allowance of $15,500 over an 11-month term of service
• Health insurance including dental and vision plans.
• Education Award of TBA May 2021 (was $6,195 for 2020) for qualifying education expenses or loans, upon completion of the term of service.
• Federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment.
• Positions are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
• Professional development benefit of $200/member provided by RT National.
• Mental Health benefit provided by RT National (covers 6 visits with a mental health professional OR 6 months of an online/tele-service subscription).
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check