The AmeriCorps Client Coordinator oversees all aspects of the client experience of receiving services from Rebuilding Together. They strive to build trust within the community and awareness among targeted populations most in need of our services. The AmeriCorps Client Coordinator is the primary point of contact for clients, ensuring a high level of client communication and support throughout the application, intake, project, and close-out stages. The AmeriCorps Client Coordinator meets with clients after project wrap-up to complete project evaluations and make referrals to other community service organizations and agencies, as appropriate.
• Pursue a robust client outreach strategy that will increase awareness of our services among our target populations, including seniors, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Outreach methods will include: create and distribute materials (such as brochures and flyers), tabling at resource fairs, and presenting to community groups.
• Serve as main point of contact for clients before, during, and after services are completed on their homes.
• Receive and review applications from potential clients, talk with clients over the phone and complete initial site visits to get more in-depth information about the client’s needs. Once the application is complete, make recommendations on appropriate program services.
• Contribute client-focused content to social media and newsletter.
• Identify and meet with organizations and neighborhood associations to increase client applications and ensure accurate referral information.
• Ensure clients sign all necessary paperwork and agreements when opening and closing projects. Accurately track client information to support internal communication and planning.
• Interview or survey homeowners after project completion to capture their experiences with Rebuilding Together. Report findings to the team and suggest solutions for improving our delivery of a high quality of services to homeowners.
• As a grassroots non-profit, all team members will have an active role in implementing larger rebuilding projects throughout the year. They will assist with project logistics several times throughout the year, including checking in with clients throughout the project day, assisting with set up/tear down, and other behind-the-scenes project logistics.
Community Need Addressed
Rebuilding Together's mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives. The AmeriCorps Client Coordinator will help accomplish this mission by overseeing all aspects of the client experience of receiving services from Rebuilding Together.
Our vision is to create safe homes and communities for everyone.
While each affiliate is small, the impact is huge and the program is diverse. As a CapacityCorps member this translates into a well-rounded service term, in which members are given the opportunity to discover their own strengths and weakness and focus on the areas of service that interest them most. Rebuilding Together's leadership provides encouragement and resources to motivate members in improving the health and safety of houses in our community.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health coverage, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Travel to National AmeriCorps Orientation and MLK Week of Service in a new city each year, Mental health benefit, and you will be a part of a community of passionate, talented, and inspiring Rebuilding Together AmeriCorps members across the country
Competencies You Will Develop
Maintain open lines of communication with others
Creativity & Problem Solving
Capable of generating possible solutions
Interact professionally and respectfully with supervisors and co-workers
Involve people appropriately in decisions that may impact them
Operate tools and equipment in accordance with established operating procedures, safety standards, and ethical guidelines
Demonstrate the effective allocation of time and resources efficiently
Be pleasant, courteous, professional and respectful when dealing with internal and external customers or clients