AmeriCorps member will tutor, mentor, and instruct students in small groups or one on one at St. Mark Youth Enrichment Heroes Summer Academy.
1. Supervise and lead activities designed to enhance the health, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled in the program.
2. Tutor, mentor and instruct students in an academic, social-emotional, and enriching learning program.
3. Develop relationships with students and staff to foster a positive and safe learning environment.
4. Collaborate with teachers/paraprofessionals in monitoring and recording student performance and behavior.
5. Participate in service projects outside of the assigned placement.
6. Attend AmeriCorps team meetings and mandatory trainings.
7. Engage in other duties that support the grant narrative and are not prohibited activities.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Living allowance of $2,310 ($461 every 2 weeks before taxes) & Education award of $1,230.69*
College Degree, Credential or Certification
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
1. Desire to work with children; experience working with children a plus.
2. Applicant must be creative, energetic, dependable and a self-starter.
3. Applicant must have reliable transportation.
4. Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
5. Applicant must pass three-part Criminal History Background Check because of reoccurring access to vulnerable populations.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
17 - 99