AmeriCorps member will work one on one or in small groups providing reading interventions to children in grades K-3 at an elementary school in Dubuque.
1. Assist students individually or in small groups in the area of reading.
2. Develop a relationship with students and staff to foster a positive learning environment.
3. Collaborate with school staff in monitoring and recording student performance and behavior.
4. Participate in service projects outside of the assigned placement.
5. Attend AmeriCorps team meetings and mandatory trainings.
6. Other duties that support the grant narrative and are not prohibited activities.
Expected schedule for Quarter-Time (450 hour) positions: Typically 4-5 days a week for 12-15 hours week. There are some evenings and weekend hours required through the year. Holiday, sick leave and vacation do not count towards member minimum service hour requirements.
Expected schedule for Half-Time(900 hour) positions: Typically 5 days a week for 25-30 hours week. There are some evenings and weekend hours required through the year. Holiday, sick leave and vacation do not count towards member minimum service hour requirements.
Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, Training
Living Allowance total of $3,500 ($184.21 every two weeks) & Education Award of $1538.36
Living Allowance total of $7,000 ($368.42 every two weeks) & Education Award of $2,907.50
GED/High School Diploma
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience working with children is preferred. Must be competent in reading. Must be a role model for students. Must pass a 3-part Criminal History Background Check. No formal training necessary, all relative experience is valid.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Uniforms provided and required
Subject to criminal background check
18 - 99