Serve with Arkansas’s only licensed child development center and youth program specifically targeted to homeless and near-homeless families. As Children’s Programs VISTA, you will represent the programs to the community and manage the organization and flow of in-kind donations to meet program needs. You will assess program needs, track wish-lists, manage the calendar of Children’s Programs events and drives, create content promoting Children’s Programs activities, and develop communication systems to engage partners on a regular basis. You will also coordinate the annual Christmas Adopt-a-Family for all the children and families we serve.
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon successful completion of service, Living allowance, Non-competitive eligibility (federal jobs), Relocation allowance (if applicable), Student loan forbearance, Training
Healthcare Allowance Reimbursement or Health Benefit Plan; Membership to Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Little Rock; Access to Employee Assistance Program; 10 days medical leave, 10 days vacation, 5 days Life After AmeriCorps; Access to a local AmeriCorps Alums chapter and a broad network of partners, alums, and more; on-site orientation training provided by Our House staff, First Aid/CPR certification; DHS-sponsored training opportunities, monthly National Service member meetings with training and team-building, access to mentoring with VISTA Leader; any other trainings deemed necessary by the supervisor.
High School Graduate
Desired Certifications or Qualifications
The Children's Programs VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
• Strong people skills, with ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Permits attendance at school during off hours
Subject to criminal background check